Sunday, September 01, 2013

More . . . of what?

Poetry, Sep '13
By owais

More power.
More fame.
More money.

Yes,
I want more of these.
And more.

Why do I want
more and more
of more and more?

Is not
this hole in my soul
unfillable?

Is not,
‘more’
a desire to arrive
at the most?

And, is not the most
Unachievable
by a mere human?
Where is
my perspective?

Why don’t I want
the one thing
which I must want more of
if I want to arrive
at my destination
as opposed
to a way-station?

Perspective.


owais calls himself the ‘sucker for love’ – for knowingly, he not only trusts, but lives on that rainbow which does not actually exist.






Source: First published in http://owaisvasundhara.blogspot.in/2010/12/poem-more-of-what.html, December 30, 2010

2 comments:

  1. अति उत्तम कविता है!! चित्त प्रसन्नरत और विभोर हो उठा!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... :-) ...love, owais.

    ReplyDelete